Add a robot to your fleet
Here’s how you add a new robot to your InOrbit fleet. The process involves copying and running a command on your robot's command line to install the InOrbit agent.
What you need
- Internet access from your robot
- Shell access on your robot
- Log in to InOrbit Mission Control.
- Scroll below the fleet list to find and click the circled + sign.
- Select and copy the displayed curl command.
- Log in to your robot's Linux shell.
- At the command line, paste the copied curl command.
- Hit enter to continue through the InOrbit agent installation process. See notes below.
- After the installation is complete, you are returned to the shell command line.
- You are prompted to enter your username and other other information needed by the installer.
- You are kept informed of the installation progress, including installation of software required by the InOrbit robot agent.
- You might be instructed to enter various commands, such as sudo, as required by the installer.
- The InOrbit agent is now installed on this robot.
- The robot's host name in displayed in the list of your fleet on InOrbit Mission Control.
- InOrbit begins collecting data about your robot for you to examine on InOrbit Mission Control.
View robot vital signs